DIRECTOR, CREDIT OPERATIONS QUEBEC: Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
BILINGUAL – FRENCH & ENGLISH
WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: The Director, Credit Operations Quebec is a new role, reporting to the EVP Operations. You will be the go-to individual and a key point of contact for our mortgage originators and staff. You will maintain an excellent level of service while meeting priorities within a wide range of mortgage products and a thorough credit knowledge base. You'll be a key line of contact for escalation issues in the credit teams, provide knowledge and mentorship advice that exceeds expectations, focus on innovative thinking and excellent service while taking ownership of your responsibilities.
LOCATION: Montreal, Quebec
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build a team and establish performance standards and guidelines that promote teamwork, innovation and personal growth. Will recruit, train and develop a high performance team.
- Assist with business development, establishing and maintaining policies, processes and guidelines, competitive positioning, credit underwriting and adjudication.
- Partner with the sales team to establish sales opportunities, product development needs and key performance metrics.
- Maintain, update and report to the VP, Credit East the competitive landscape and market offerings and recommend new initiatives and product opportunities to grow our business.
- Oversee higher approval / approval authority using objective and reasoned judgment
- Establish and maintain a communication and escalation process for all customer/ vendor issues.
- Manage daily workflow
- Ensure audit scores meet company standards
- Establish and maintain service levels based on an overall business plan
- Review Established Processes regularly to ensure validity and effectiveness
- Provide recommendations and implement for improvement where required
- Train and mentor credit operations team in the execution of core deliverables in a high performance culture
- Establish standards of excellence for credit functions and personnel.
- Manage the professional development of direct reports including technical, communication and supervisory skills.
- Develop and manage communication relationships with internal and external customers in order to facilitate sharing of information
- Prepare, distribute and discuss various reports on a regular basis
- Ensure and enforce all pertinent regulatory compliance
- Ensure service levels expectations are clearly articulated and attained
- Proactively anticipate staffing needs for the department
- Oversee the implementation of assigned initiatives and manage the change process
- Participate as a member of the mortgage team by identifying/ resolving concerns
Educational /Technical Experience:
- Bilingual in French and English, with strong written & verbal communications skills in both languages
- University/college degree in related field
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years’ experience at the leadership level with proven coaching & influencing skills, highly organized, creative and adaptive thinking and ability to exercise practical judgement
- Experience performing all mortgage underwriting procedures in accordance with established laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Access/PowerPoint/Excel
- In-depth knowledge of mortgage credit risk policies, products and processes
- Working knowledge of Internet and Email applications (Outlook/Outlook Express)
- AMP designation /in progress is considered an asset
- Strong communicator and proven leader in managing and growing teams
- Ability to translate a vision into actions and business objectives
- Detail oriented
- Leadership and Mentoring attitude and skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed presentation/interactive skills.
- Flexible and adaptable / able to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Self-Motivated / proactive mindset
- Excellent Relationship Management and team building skills
- Sense of humor