Residential Mortgage Underwriter/Personal Account Manager (Commission Based)
Our Personal Account Managers are critical contributors to Merix’s accelerated growth plan. In this role you will be a full service professional by being the single point of contact for our top performing status mortgage originators.
To set you up for success, you will start on a salary while you are learning the ropes and then transition to a commission structure where you will have uncapped earning potential. You also, have the ability to manage your own schedule and work from home! At the end of the day, you will be measured and rewarded by your ability to grow our volumes while exceeding our customers’ expectations.
To succeed in this role, you are highly customer service focused, driven to exceed targets, you are excellent at self-managing and juggling a lot of different priorities, you are highly flexible and can adjust your schedule to get the job done.
If being full service commission based Personal Account Manager is appealing to you,
this is a great opportunity!
- Provide residential loan recommendations, quick and accurate credit decisions and thorough follow through on the required documentation
- Responsible for hitting and exceeding monthly sales targets satisfactory audit results while also driving a high level of pipeline activity that both maintain existing volumes while also creating new growth opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong meaningful working relationships with Mortgage Originators and prospective clients
- Represent Merix in a professional and responsible manner when communicating with others both inside and outside the company
- Develop and deliver presentations and proposals to mortgage originators to educate and promote MERIX products.
- 3-5+ years of underwriting experience
- Knowledge and experience of the Canadian Mortgage Industry and Financial Services and Broker and Dealer operations combined with exceptional relationship management experience
- Proven track record of successful business development meeting or exceeding targets and goals in tandem with satisfactory compliance results
- University or College degree in a related field is preferred. AMP designation a plus.
- The ability to travel within the assigned territory
- Self-starting entrepreneurial mindset with exceptional time management skills and superior attention to detail.
- Dedicated and ethical approach to being successful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A sense of humour
As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Merix is innovative, flexible and leading edge. We guide oursevlves with the principle Yes We Can and our culture can be summed up in one word: Family.
For more information about the company visit www.merixfinancial.com.