BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST / QA ANALYST: Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Working in Quality Management team, you will ensure that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. You will perform the design, implementation and support efforts of the solution and ensures the quality of rollouts meets the requirements while complying with our policies, practices and procedures. As a Testing Processes Lead you will participate in creation of Testing Framework, QA processes, and QA methodology artifacts. As a Business Systems Analyst you will conduct Fit-Gap Analysis for managing the change in requirements agility and assessing the health and testability of the business requirements. As a QA Analyst you will be responsible for assisting and designing the test cases for function and system test phases along with supporting test plans, automated testing tools and test execution. You will create test cases based upon business requirements and processes, in line with defined workflows and use cases.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting the Director of Testing in implementing of QA standards, policies, and best testing practices; in coordination of end to end testing activities for software releases and projects.
- Review Business and Functional Requirements, provide accurate Testing effort estimates. Create Testing Strategies, Plans using risk analysis methodologies. Create comprehensive Test Cases and Traceability Matrix against requirements.
- Review policy and procedure documentation, diagrams, and flow charts to ensure Test Cases align accurately with requirements and specifications.
- Thorough execution to ensure Testing requirements are fully met and in accordance to project schedules. Provide comprehensive and accurate Testing Status Report.
- Adhere to Paradigm Quest’s standard Testing processes, milestones, artifacts, Test Status Reporting framework and Testing Tools utilization procedures.
- Create comprehensive Test Preparation Checklist, follow through to ensure Test environment setup, testing dependencies and required data are available prior to execution start date.
- Prioritize Testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure Testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Ensure Test Plans, Test Cases are reviewed with Development and BA groups and feedback incorporated accordingly. Ensure defect cycles are accurately logged in defect tracking system, follow through defect logs closely to ensure timely closure.
- Execute Test Scenarios/Test Cases/Test Scripts for Functional and Systems Integration Testing to validate technical changes and ensure validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to business and compliance standards.
- Work closely with extended teams to Identify Test Automation targets according to Test Case complexity, risks, and ROI. Create new and update existing automation scripts. Play a key role in expanding automation inventory and automation utilization level.
- Contribute to the collection and analysis of QA KPIs. Review and analyze Quality and Velocity metrics data, identify unfavorable trends and key risk drivers. Provide root cause analysis of defects and incidents, contribute to improvement action plans and executions.
- Understand and communicate Testing impact of scope changes/PCRs to the Project Management Team both from a timeline/cost and a risk perspective.
- Support the implementation of Continuous Integration and Delivery strategy. Collaborate cross-functionally, ensure new QA processes are rolled out successfully and adhered to.
- Improve application testability, recommend design and process improvements. Contribute to the development and maintenance of policy/procedure manuals and training guides.
Educational /Technical Experience
- A university degree in computer science and/or Business, or equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ years experience in various phases and types of testing including functional, integration, conversion and regression testing.
- 4+ years experience with testing enterprise grade Web based applications.
- 3+ years experience with testing reporting applications and SQL
- 3+ years Automation Experience using tools such as Selenium, Appium, J/N-UNIT.
- 2+ Canadian Banking experience or other Financial Services experience (Mortgage experience is a definite asset)
- Training in the software development life cycle methodology; Strong knowledge of testing methodologies within SDLC (Risk based testing a strong asset)
- QA formal training or/and QA certification is a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (VB Macros for Excel, Visio and MS Project a plus)
- Experienced with Testing Lifecycle Management Tools (i.e. HP ALM, JIRA) and Automation Testing Tools (i.e. HP UFT, Selenium).
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- Team player that works well independently and as part of a team, willing to work on a variety of technical initiatives
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, prioritize and follow-up on work, to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude and enjoy making a difference in the business through contributions
- Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from project initiation to close.
- Able to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications
- Self-motivated with the desire to continually acquire information and develop new skills to enhance job performance.
- Proactive, continuously seeking innovative solutions and process improvements
- Sense of humour