Mortgage Officer: Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: As a member of our Alternative Lending Credit Operations team, you will assist Underwriters in the adjudication of mortgage loan applications, while being responsible for performing the required due diligence and administrative duties as part of our loan origination process, ensuring compliance with established policies and guidelines
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reviewing mortgage documentation for completeness and compliance with established credit policies.
- Verifying/validating all required mortgage/client information.
- Providing timely and accurate responses to brokers
- Conduct client interviews
- Fraud detection and mitigation
- Negotiate with key stakeholders while adhering to credit policies
- Identify escalation items and work in conjunction with the underwriter to resolve them.
- A commitment to providing outstanding personalized service
- Timely follow-up with key stake holders as per set procedures
- Ability to schedule work hours to meet business needs during peak times
- Meet or exceed productivity, compliance, and Service Excellence Tracker targets
Educational /Technical Experience:
- 2+ years of experience as a Mortgage Officer and/or Credit Administrator.
- Have previous office/customer service experience.
- Possess solid MS Office/Computer skills
- Possess solid Internet and email skills
- Completion of high school and/or some college would be preferred
- Experience reading financial reports and personal income tax returns required
- Alternative mortgage lending experience considered an asset
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Deal with customers via web, email, and telephone interfaces so you must be able to work in an environment that is keyboard and phone intensive
- Provide timely and accurate response to all customer queries
- Be committed to providing outstanding customer service
- Ability to work in an open environment which is fast paced
- Self-Motivated / proactive mindset
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Natural intuition as opposed to task orientation; ability to think our your feet
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills
- High Attention to detail
- Sense of humor