SENIOR MANAGER, QA / TESTING: Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: As a member of our Information Technology Team, you will be responsible for leading the testing, and related artefacts and documentation, and implementation of new technology solutions and functionality to a custom software application, while also providing a focus on innovating technology to dramatically improve the customer experience.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and manage a team of testing resources accountable for the successful documentation and delivery of quality technology solutions & processes. Some hands-on testing may be required as part of this role.
- Develop, establish, and enforce quality assurance & user acceptance standards and measures for IT within the organization.
- Continue to drive Testing Automation best practices within IT.
- Accurate resource planning across large scale projects and production items to ensure team is being fully utilized.
- Apply & maintain proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
- Ensure that the team has the necessary technical processes, environments and technologies, organization structure and governance and reporting mechanisms to keep stakeholders up to date with performance.
- Drive improvements to the role of testing within the organization
- Provide direction, leadership & mentoring to the Testing team
Educational /Technical Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years in a senior-level Testing Manager role
- 5+ years in a Senior Testing role
- Strong experience with industry testing tools.
- 5+ years’ experience with SDLC methodologies and/or Project Management methodologies
- 5+ years’ experience in Canadian Banking or other Financial Services experience
- Mortgage experience is a definite asset
- Exhibits exceptional leadership & communication skills -- both written and verbal with ability to communicate and articulate technical information into layman terms
- Strong organization, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Able to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications
- Strong ability to analyze situations, diagnose problems, and develop and implement solutions, often within narrow time frames.
- A proven team player willing to work on a variety of technical initiatives
- Ability to prioritize and follow-up on work
- Detail oriented
- Sense of humour