SENIOR DATABASE ARCHITECT : Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: As a Senior Database Architect you will work to expand the company’s use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. The Senior Database Architect will achieve this by strategically designing, developing, and implementing data models for enterprise-level applications and systems. These models shall be architected at the following layers: conceptual, logical, business area, and application. This individual will act as the primary advocate of data modelling methodologies and data processing best practices
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Strategy & Planning
• Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
• Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap.
• Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy and validity.
• Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
• Conduct data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks.
• Create strategies and plans for data security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving.
• Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
• Manage and plan the design and maintenance of a new enterprise data warehouse.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Ensure the success of enterprise-level application rollouts (e.g. ERP, CRM, Rubi, Rubi-POS etc.)
• Liaise with vendors and service providers to select the products or services that best meet company goals.
• Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organization.
• Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards.
• Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
• Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
• Collaborate with project managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data.
• Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
• Act as a leader and advocate of data management, including coaching, training, and career development to staff.
• Develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of data architecture.
• Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture.
• Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
• Manage and maintain a secured database environment using up to date best practices at all times.
Educational /Technical Experience:
• 10+ years work experience as a data or information architect.
• Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modelling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
• Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.
• Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
• Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modelling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
• Demonstrated expertise with repository creation, and data and information system life cycle methodologies.
• Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures, and so on.
• Ability to manage data and metadata migration.
• Experience with database platforms, including Microsoft SQL.
• Understanding of Web services (SOAP, XML, UDDI, WSDL).
• Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine requirements.
• In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including windows based server operating systems.
• Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
• Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
• Proven project management experience.
• Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.