DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – INSIDE SALES: Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
WHO WE ARE: Merix Financial Inc. is an intermediary between mortgage wholesalers and mortgage originators, providing superior sales and service operations. By way of its agency relationship with wholesalers, Merix is responsible for originating mortgage volumes via independent mortgage originators, such as mortgage brokers. Merix Financial is a national company with its head office located in Toronto, ON, Canada.
MERIX CULTURE: Merix is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Merix and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Merix family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: As a member of Merix Financial, you will be responsible for contributing to Merix’s vision to become the pre-eminent mortgage origination intermediary. As a Director of Business Development on our Inside Sales Team, you will be a key point of contact for our originators. You will work closely with all members of the Sales team to develop new business opportunities with existing and new originators. You are responsible for providing expert knowledge and advice on a wide range of mortgage products while focusing on the originator’s priorities and exceeding their expectations. At the same time, you are focused on innovative thinking and exceptional customer service.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Increase Sales Results
- Promote the Merix Brands, products and value propositions to Originators
- Deepen existing relationships and establish new relationships with mortgage originators in your target market.
- Educate originators on products, policies, rates and profitable business practices
- Develop and deliver presentations and proposals to mortgage originators to educate and promote Merix’ products.
- Perform sales activities in a professional and proactive manner, while maintaining the Business Code of Ethics and meeting or exceeding targets.
- Implement a disciplined call program to reach originators
Influence Operational Efficiency
- Maintain day to day operational issues, including contact management, proactive account management, and issue resolution.
- Develop and implement an effective on-boarding process for all new originators
- Educate and coach originators on required process flow, product rules and documentation requirements
- Identify significant customer concerns, issues, suggestions about our process inefficiencies and provide this feedback at team meetings
- Analyze originator performance and execute both positive and negative account management practices.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies to maintain existing volumes and create new growth for Merix Financial.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitor and industry activity to capitalize on market trends.
- Provide market intelligence to head office with respect to needs and trends in the mortgage industry.
- Continuously communicate with Underwriting and Service teams to provide originator feedback and identify trends
- Encourage open line of communication with originator in order to assist in resolving any issues or concerns immediately
- Provide updated information about Merix products, policy, service, processes and rates in a timely manner
Educational /Technical Experience:
- University/College degree in related field considered an asset
- Proven track record in Sales and/or Account Management with exceeding sales targets
- Minimum 2+ years of successful sales experience
- Knowledge and experience of the Canadian Mortgage industry
- Knowledge and experience with financial services and Broker/Dealer operation
- Proven track record of relationship sales success
- A track record of successful business development
- Excellent Relationship Management Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed presentation/interactive skills.
- A high degree of self-management.
- Advanced selling skills, which includes the capacity to listen and communicate effectively
- Ability to identify, summarize and communicate critical market information
- Ability to multi-task and maintain an active, up-to-date client management system
- Ability to create, coordinate and facilitate presentations.
- Ability to travel within the assigned territory.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a small team of professionals.
- Detail oriented
- Sense of humour