BILINGUAL QA ANALYST / BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST : Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Working in Quality Management team, you will ensure that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. You will perform the design, implementation and support efforts of the solution and ensures the quality of rollouts meets the requirements while complying with our policies, practices and procedures. As a Business Systems Analyst you will conduct Fit-Gap Analysis for managing the change in requirements agility and assessing the health and testability of the business requirements. As a QA Analyst you will be responsible for assisting and designing the test cases for function and system test phases along with supporting test plans, automated testing tools and test execution. You will create test cases based upon business requirements and processes, in line with defined workflows and use cases. As a Bilingual QA Analyst you will need to gather and analyze business requirements written in English and French as well as to communicate with business users from different provinces in English and French. You will be responsible for testing software that generates Documents in English and French, has French and English GUI and mobile components.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Excellent English and French language skills are required for both written and verbal communication
- Analyzing, assessing, researching and documenting user interface system changes, in business terms, and sponsor/stakeholder needs, in accordance with the software development lifecycle
- Reviewing Business and Functional Requirements to understand these requirements in order to create test plans/cases test the application and verify that requirements are successfully fulfilled by performing requirement traceability matrix with backward and forward traceability.
- Documenting the functional specifications including user interfaces, business rules, design documentation, standardized data mappings and data flow diagrams.
- Reviewing policy and procedure documentation, diagrams, and flow charts to determine if program(s) will work according to user request and conform to guidelines
- Managing creation; review and approval of testing documentation (e.g. test strategies, plans, schedule, cost estimates, test cases, dashboards, defect logs, test phase closure reports). Ensuring that all test artifacts adhere to ParadigmQuest standards and audit requirements and are stored in the project SharePoint site
- Creating testing strategies and plans using risk analysis methodologies and ensuring alignment with the development approach/methodology selected for the project
- Understand and communicate testing impact of scope changes/PCRs to the project management team both from a timeline/cost and a risk perspective
- Prioritize testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled
- Execute Test Scenarios/Test Cases/Test Scripts for Functional and Systems Integration Testing to validate technical changes and ensure validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to business and compliance standards
- Ensure that bugs/defects identified during testing and logged using tracking software then communicated to appropriate group for resolution; Ensure testing estimates include time for retests and regression
- Communicate testing updates with extended business and IT teams
- Ensure that the test environment and required data is setup to meet the scenarios created above
- Contribute to development and refinement of test script library by reviewing existing scripts, analyzing business needs and developing new test plans to create a framework for future testing, increase efficiency and avoid duplication of work
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of policy/procedure manuals and training guides
Educational /Technical Experience:
- A university degree/college diploma in computer science and/or Business, or equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years Application Analysis & Support for systems applications and environments
- 3+ Canadian Banking experience or other Financial Services experience (Mortgage experience is a definite asset)
- 5+ strong core experience in various phases and types of testing including functional, integration, conversion and regression testing
- 3+ experience in testing of Bilingual (English/French) applications
- Training in the software development life cycle methodology; Strong knowledge of testing methodology within SDLC
- QA formal training or/and QA certification is a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office products suite (VB Macros for Excel, Visio and MS Project a plus)
- Experienced with Testing Lifecycle Management Tools (i.e. HP ALM, JIRA) and Automation Testing Tools (i.e. HP UFT, Selenium). Knowledge of SQL is an asset
- Working knowledge of Testing Automation testing frameworks is an asset
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- Team player that works well independently and as part of a team, willing to work on a variety of technical initiatives
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, prioritize and follow-up on work, to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude and enjoy making a difference in the business through contributions
- Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from project initiation to close.
- Able to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications
- Self-motivated with the desire to continually acquire information and develop new skills to enhance job performance.
- Proactive, continuously seeking innovative solutions and process improvements
- Sense of humour