CREDIT & RISK ANALYST: Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: As a member of our Audit team, you will you will review internal processes and documentation, as well as internal control systems to ensure prescribed quality requirements are met. You will work closely with various teams including Credit Operations and Servicing, provide knowledge; focus on innovative thinking and excellent service while taking ownership of your responsibilities.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform standard ongoing audit programs for Servicing Operations and Credit Operations
- Assist in training and follow up review of audit documentation, and ensure accurate Quality Assurance documentation is maintained
- Contribute to detailed file reviews and decisions on the quality results consistent with the requirements of underwriting policy including Investor and Insurer requirement and Data integrity
- Assist in the preparation of external audits
- Develop, maintain & continuously improve a team process manual for all standard tasks
- Recommend refinements from established team processes/procedures leading the culture of continuous improvement
- With the Manager of Credit Compliance, arrange and present the findings to the respective Management Team to discuss the results and proposed recommendations
- Keep informed of legislative and regulatory developments
Educational /Technical Experience:
- University/College degree in finance or related field
- Minimum 1 year of Financial service industry experience
- Previous underwriting/mortgage servicing experience
- Exposure in Auditing or quality control measurement in residential mortgage lending considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook/Outlook Express)
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of the Canadian Mortgage Industry considered an asset
- Inquisitive nature with passion for continuous learning and development
- Proven ability to identify problems and analyze root causes
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to various levels of internal and external parties
- Flexible and adaptable / able to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-Motivated / proactive mindset
- Excellent judgment / must be able to make independent decisions
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Detail oriented
- Sense of humour