SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR: Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop/contribute to the audit planning process for individual audits by developing, updating and executing related audit programs in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluate processes and internal controls for efficiency, effectiveness and compliance to corporate policies
- Implement the audit work plans, prepare technical documents, work papers and final audit reports of assigned areas, satisfy audit program steps and effectively support the results of process and control examinations;
- Strengthen risk management and control capabilities while enhancing the value provided by existing internal audit and risk management functions.
- Ensure accuracy, control, and security in all aspects of Information Technology and Loan Accounting;
- Perform audits of account reconciliations, funding reports, trial balances, and other regular loan accounting reports;
- Perform standard ongoing audit programs for the Finance and IT departments;
- Conduct special investigations, assignments or ad hoc Management requests as directed and support ad hoc audit projects as assigned by management while responding to emerging risks and management requests
Educational /Technical Experience:
- 3 - 5 years of progressive experience in internal audit and/or risk management is essential
- Financial service industry experience specifically knowledge of the Canadian Mortgage Industry, Underwriting experience considered an asset
- Experience in Auditing or quality control measurement and compliance auditing required
- Working knowledge of Internet and Email Applications (Outlook/Outlook Express)
- Expert knowledge of MS Office
- University/College Finance degree (or related field )
- CIA and CPA designations an asset
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines
- Customer Service focused
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable / able to multi-task under pressure
- Self-Motivated / proactive mindset
- Excellent judgment / must be able to make independent decisions
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Detail oriented
- Sense of humour