DEVELOPER, IT: Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: As a member of our IT Team, you will be responsible for the research, design and implementation of new technology solutions and functionality to a custom software application, while also providing a focus on innovating technology to dramatically improve the customer experience.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, develop, test and document complex programs, while working on multiple concurrent projects
- in an ongoing changing environment
- The ability to transform user requirements into structured, detailed design requirements
- Review, evaluate and update Design documentation
- Monitor performance of programs after implementation
- Participate in regular Requirement gathering & Design meetings
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to other departments on internally developed applications
- Identify and enforce standards and best practices
Educational & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years in a Developer or Software Analyst role
- Previous experience using Workflow Management Software definitely an asset
- Strong understanding of SQL Server including performance tuning & optimization techniques
- Solid experience with Microsoft Studio development tools.
- Strong development fundamentals using .NET
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven team player willing to work on a variety of technical initiatives
- 2+ years’ experience in Canadian Banking or other Financial Services experience
- Mortgage experience is a definite asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate and articulate technical information into layman terms
- Able to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications
- Strong ability to analyze situations, diagnose problems, and develop and implement solutions, often within narrow time frames.
- A team player willing to work on a variety of technical initiatives
- Ability to work independently and identify priorities for completion of multiple tasks / projects under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and follow-up on work
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Sense of humour