Business Analyst: Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: The Business Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders, be they customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements to understand the technology solutions they need. The Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business make good technology decisions. The Business Analyst will also be proactive about working with the emerging technology Analyst to look for new technologies to optimize business processes. The Business Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT’s understanding of business requirements.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Clearly identify project stakeholders and establish user classes, as well as their characteristics.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Participate in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements– verbally or through written documentation – to sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
Educational /Technical Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems.
- Three to five years related work experience ideally within the mortgage space
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization’s core business process and operations.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Exceptional analytical and statistical skills with the ability to apply them to systems issues and products as required.
- Demonstrated project management skills and software skills, including planning, organizing, and managing resources.
- Understanding of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages including RUBI, BrokerWeb, Prax.
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Extensive experience with the organization’s core software applications
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Sense of humour