BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER: Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: This is the primary customer relationship manager role with Private Label (PL) accounts, both at the Head Office level and the individual Broker. Key responsibilities of this position include: developing and implementing sales strategies, programs and promotions, providing educational support via presentations, seminars, webinars and conference calls, attending corporate sponsored events and trade shows and communicating with all levels of PL teams.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Increase Sales Results
- Promote the Private Label Brands, products and value propositions to Brokers
- Educate Brokers on products, policies, rates and profitable business practices
- Develop and Implement an effective on-boarding process for all new Brokers
- Perform sales activities in a professional and proactive manner, while maintaining the Business Code of Ethics and meeting or exceeding targets.
- Implement a disciplined call program to reach customers
- Provide results, program updates and improvement recommendations to Private Label Head Offices
Influence Operational Efficiency
- Educate and coach Brokers on required process flow, product rules and documentation requirements
- Review the Pipeline reports to manage funding ratios and 10 day prior, look for opportunities to coach brokers and highlight trends to management.
- Provide stats to PL Head Offices on frequent offenders to be managed
- Educate Clients on the Private Label Products, tools and processes for an efficient business experience while fostering repeat business.
- Identify significant customer concerns, issues, suggestions about our process inefficiencies and provide this feedback at team meetings
- Proactively seek out new PL brands
- Monitor Industry trends to identify opportunities for developing new products and services
- Develop a complete marketing package for existing and potential clients highlighting the products of Private Label
- Continuously communicate with Underwriting and Service teams to provide Broker feedback and identify trends
- Ensure an appropriate communication process is in place to facilitate sharing of information with all PL clients
- Encourage open line of communication with broker in order to assist in resolving any issues or concerns immediately
- Provide updated information about Private Label products, policy, service, processes and rates in a timely manner
Educational /Technical Experience:
- University/College degree in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred
- 5+ years in Mortgage sales industry
- In depth knowledge of the Canadian Mortgage Industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of Internet
- A track record of successful business development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed presentation/interactive skills.
- Excellent Relationship Management Skills
- Advanced selling skills, which includes the capacity to listen and communicate effectively
- Ability to identify, summarize and communicate critical market information
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity to address individual customer needs
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Sense of humour