BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST: Challenging, Impactful, Rewarding
WHO WE ARE: Paradigm is an innovative, flexible, leading-edge Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) company. As Canada’s leading mortgage outsourcing company, Paradigm’s mandate is to enable new and existing lenders with a cost effective mortgage operation solution that can quickly respond to market conditions, lead the market in innovation and ultimately provide mortgage consumers with great choice, vastly improving their mortgage experience.
PARADIGM CULTURE: Paradigm is committed to open and honest communication with our staff. We believe by being transparent, truthful and sincere, we can serve each other and our clients with integrity. Our culture can be summed up in one word: family. We work hard at creating an exceptional professional family here at Paradigm and do not take it for granted. Every initiative, new hire, company event and daily activities are focused on maintaining and fostering our Paradigm family because we know that our employees are undoubtedly the key to our success.
THE OPPORTUNITY: As a member of our IT Team, you will be responsible for analysis, development, implementation and support of technical solutions that satisfy reporting and analytical needs of the business. All while providing a focus on innovating technology to dramatically improve the customer experience.
Role Specific Accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Development of Integrated Business Intelligence Solutions within a complex and fast-paced environment, using technologies listed below
- Work with key business leaders to determine our Business Intelligence Strategic Roadmap by providing thought leadership and vision
- Identify, and manage, to successful conclusion initiatives and projects that will enable our Business Intelligence Strategic roadmap
- Interact with Business Analysts and business clients, diagnosing/analyzing business issues to develop an understanding of requirements for reporting or performance management solutions
- Regularly identifies usability problems and make suggestions for improvement
- Acts as a resource to other departments on products and applications
- Reviews, evaluates and updates Product Development documentation
- Identifies and enforces standards and best practices
Educational /Technical Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of MS SQL Server experience creating/modifying views, stored procedures, and functions
- Minimum 5 years of MS SSRS experience creating report definitions
- Minimum 5 years of MS SSIS experience developing ETL workflows
- 2+ years of Financial Services / Mortgage experience
- PowerBI & SharePoint development is a definite asset
- Exhibits solid communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to communicate and articulate technical information into layman terms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Initiative and organizational skills
- Strong results orientation
- Able to adapt and quickly develop in-depth technical understanding of new/different applications
- Strong ability to analyze situations, diagnose problems, develop and implement solutions, often within narrow time frames.
- Should be a team player willing to work on a variety of technical initiatives
- Should have the ability to work independently and identify priorities for completion of multiple tasks / projects under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and follow-up on work
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Sense of humour